This privacy notice informs parents and carers on how information about pupils is used in academies within the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust (DBAT). During your child's/ children's time at a DBAT academy we will gather, hold and use information relating to your child/ren and about you as parents/ carers. Information that we hold in relation to individuals is known as "personal data". This will include data that we obtain from you directly and data about you that we obtain from other people and organisations. Anything that we do with an individual's personal data is known as "processing".
This document sets out what personal data we will hold about you, why we process that data, who we share this information with and your rights in relation to your personal data processed by us.
We, South Marston CE Primary School, Old Vicarage Lane, South Marston SN3 4SH, are the 'data controller' for the purposes of data protection law.
Our data protection officer is i-west (see 'Contact us' below).
The categories of pupil information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, unique pupil number and address)
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth and free school meal eligibility)
- Attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences, absence reasons and any previous schools attended)
- Pupil and curricular records
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- Special educational needs (including the needs and ranking)
- Details of any support received, including care packages, plans and support providers
- Medical and administration (such as doctors information, child health, dental health, allergies, medication and dietary requirements)
- Assessment and attainment results of internally and externally set tests
- Behavioural information (such as exclusions and any relevant alternative provision put in place
- CCTV images captured in school
This list is not exhaustive. To access the current list of categories of information we process, please see the Head for further information.